I wanted to explore learning to use MongoDB with Java and the best way to do this was to develop a toy application. And to add to this, I thought of using JavaFX and building a desktop application instead. I am building the application as I am writing this. I will upload the code onto Github once I am done with the application.
I am writing a 2 or 3 part series of posts on how to go about building the application. So do check out the detailed posts here. Just to clarify, I have started to write a few technical how-tos or my tryst with technologies on JavaBeat. So if you find this blog not being updated more often, you can find me at the other place. I would continue to update this blog with my experiences (so apt the title of the blog is ;))
Here’s an update on the TodoFX application:
- Part-1 Setting up the database and related classes.
- Part-2 Creating the UI for adding a new Todo.
- Part-3 Creating the UI for listing all Todos and updating the completed status.
No related posts.
Connect to us …
- Simple Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) using CDI in JavaEE August 24, 2014
- Book Review: Java Performance by Charlie Hunt and Binu John August 20, 2014
- Getting started with Mocking in Java using Mockito February 23, 2014
- Another sample for using JAXB November 24, 2013
- Book Review: Peopleware October 25, 2013
Some of the links contained within this site have my referral id, which provides me with a small commission for each sale. Thank you for your support.