durep is a perl script used for disk usage reports. It can generate text output with bar graphs to allow easy comparisons of disk usage between directories. It can also generate web pages which can be navigated through the directory structure. This allows easy visual monitoring of disk usage. durep was designed for monitoring disk usage in a more visual way than du. The du program works fine but doesn’t allow a lot of control over how the results are displayed. This perl script is designed to produce output more useful for reports.
Install durep in Ubuntu
Use the following command to install durep
sudo aptitude install durep
durep [OPTION]… [DIRECTORY]
1. “durep -w ~/durepweb -td 2″
This would print the directory tree starting from the current directory to depth 2 to the console and also create web pages in the directory ~/durepweb (this directory must exist).
2. “durep -f /var/spool/mail”
This might be useful for keeping a check on the mail directory. The “-f” switch tells durep to just scan files and not descend into directories. Since the “-w” switch is not present, no web pages are produced.
3. “durep -x -cp “/(etc|usr/share)” -ep “/var” /”
This more complicated version does the following. It scans the root filesystem only, hides the contents of any paths begining /etc or /usr/share and skips the contents of the /var directory.
4. “durep -q -sf durep.save /home ”
This scans /home and saves the results to the save fail durep.save. No text output is produced.
5. “durep -q -w ~/durepweb -lf durep.save /home ”
This reads the save file durep.save and produces a web report from it in the directory ~/durepweb. No text output is produced.
Source: Ubuntu Geek
No related posts.
Connect to us …
- Another sample for using JAXB November 24, 2013
- Book Review: Peopleware October 25, 2013
- JSON Processing support in JavaEE 7 and JSR-353 October 18, 2013
- [Promo]Explore something new this Columbus Day with Packt’s biggest ever sale October 16, 2013
- Creating Websockets in JavaEE 7 October 8, 2013
Some of the links contained within this site have my referral id, which provides me with a small commission for each sale. Thank you for your support.